Prof. Dr. Yunus BORHAN
|BSc ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1971 |
|MSc: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1971 |
|PhD: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1980 |
Yunus Borhan was born in Istanbul in 1946. He became an assistant professor in 1989 and a full professor in 1999. In the years 1984 and 1985, he conducted a research on “Cloud Physics and Climate” through UNESCO scholarship while attending advance summer schools in Trieste, Italy. In 1989, with the Royal Society Scholarship he worked on a research titled " Effects of Orography on Numerical Weather Prediction " at the research department of ECMWF in England. Throughout the years, Borhan has worked as the Vice Dean of the Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and in different times he worked as the Vice Chair and Chair of the Meteorology Department. Yunus Borhan, who is currently working on issues varying from Dynamic-Synoptic Meteorology, numerical weather prediction and renewable energy.
- Borhan, Y., İncecik, S.: Spatial Variability of the Seasonal Precipitation Over a Transitional Region, Bull. Tech. Univ. Istanbul, Vol. 48, pp. 439-449, 1995.
- Borhan, Y.: Mesoscale Interaction on Wind Energy Potential in the Northern Aegean Region; A Case Study, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2, p.353-360, 1998.
- Unal, Y.S.,.Incecik, S.,Borhan, Y., Mentes, S.: Factor Affecting the Variability of SO2 Concentrations in İstanbul, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, vol. 50, p.75-84, 2000.
- Mentes S.S, Topcu, S., Unal, Y.S., Borhan, Y.: An overview of wind energy potential along the coastal regions of the Black Sea in the north of Turkey, 3 rd European and African Conference on Wind Engineering, 385-391, 2-6 July, 2001, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, 2001.
- Tatli H., Borhan Y.: Temporal Analysis of The North Sea-Caspian Pattern Index(NCPI): a semi-emprical integration approche, International Conference on Climate Change and The Middle East Past, Present and Future, 20-23 November 2006, İstanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- Borhan, Y.: Dinamik Meteorolojiye Giriş; Orhan Yavuz Teknik Eğitim Vakfı publication,Istanbul 2009. p. 616. translation from Holton, J. R. Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology; ,2009