Prof. Dr. Orhan ŞEN
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3138 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 3139 |
|E-mail: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Web Page: ||http://www3.itu.edu.tr/~seno |
|Address: ||ITU Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, |
Meteorological Engineering Department,
34469 Maslak İstanbul Turkey
|BSc: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1975 |
|MSc: ||Istanbul Technical University, Institute of Science, 1981 |
|PhD: ||Istanbul Technical University, Institute of Science, 1985 |
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Research Applications Laboratory, Boulder, Colorado USA, 2009.
1999, Professor, İ.T.Ü.
1989, Associate Professor, İ.T.Ü.
Weather Modification, Aerosol Measurement, San Jose State University USA, Department of Meteorology, Visiting Scientist, 1986-1988.
Massechussetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) USA, Earth, Atmospheric and Plenatary Scienses Visiting Scientist, 1985-86.
State Meteorological Office, Engineer, 1976-1979.
- Toros, H., Deniz, A.,Şaylan, L., Şen, O ., Baloğlu, M. 2005, Spatial variability of the chilling temperature in Turkey and it’s effect on human comfort. J. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, Vol. 88, No. 1-2, 107-118.
- Şaylan, L. H. Toros and O. Şen, 2002, Temporal variability of the precipitation chemistry in the forest area of Istanbul , Turkey , Int. J. Environment and Pollution, vol. 18, No. 5, 508-516.
- Şaylan, L., O. Şen, H. Toros and A. Arısoy, 2002, Solar energy potential for heating and cooling systems in big cities of Turkey , J. Energy Conversion and Management, 43(14), 1829-1837
- Koçak, K., Şaylan, L., Şen, O., 2000, Nonlinear time series prediction of O 3 concentration in İstanbul. Atmospheric Environment. 34, 1267-1271.
- Şen, O. 1998, Air Pollution and Inversion Features in İstanbul. Int. J. Environment and Pollution, Vol. 9, No. 4. 371-383.
- O.Şen 1998 Air pollution features in İstanbul. Aerosols, volume 4e, No. 5, pp. 191-194.
- Şen, O., F. Şahin, L. Şaylan, and S. İncecik, 1997, The effect of Surface and Elevated Inversion on the Air Pollution in Istanbul. Proceedings of the 10 th Regional IUAPPA Conference. Environmental Research Forum Vols. 7-8 pp. 376-379 Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Şen, O., 1997, Inversion and Air Pollution in İstanbul. Int. J. Environment and Pollution, Vol. 8, No. ½, pp. 158-163.
- Şaylan, L. and O. Şen, 1996, A study of sensible temperature variation based on measured temperature and humidity in urban and forest areas. Bulletin of the Technical University of İstanbul, 49, 3-4, 639-651.
- Şen, O.,1997, The effect of aircraft engine exhaust gases on the environment. Int. J. Environment and Pollution, Vol. 8, No. ½, pp. 148-157.
- Şen, O., 1991. First National Rain Enhancement Project in İstanbul (FINREP). Journal of the Water. 5, 36-41, İstanbul.
- Lester, P.F., O. Şen, and R. E. Bach, 1989, The Use of DFDR Information in the Analysis of a Turbulence Incident Over Greenland. Monthly Weather Review, 117, 5,1103-1107.
- Şen, O., 1988, Variation of Aerosol at Izmir, Turkey, Determined by Neutron Activation Analysis. Atmos. Environ., 22, 795-801.