Prof. Dr. Mikdat KADIOĞLU
|BSc ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey,1984 |
|MSc: ||Atmospheric Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA, 1987 |
|PhD: ||Atmospheric Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA, 1991 |
He has 20 years experience in the filed of the Atmospheric Sciences and 10 years experience in the field of the Disaster Management. His studies concentrate mainly on disaster risk management, disaster response planning, hydro-meteorological disasters and climate change. He has involved in various projects in the fields of meteorology, climatology and disaster management. He is now a member and Chairman of Disaster Management Centre and Meteorological Engineering Department at Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. He is also advisor to Governor of Istanbul.
- Kadıoğlu, M., H. Erdun, N. Öztürk, and Z. Şen: On the Precipitation Climatology of Turkey by Harmonic Analysis. International Journal of Climatology, 19, 1717-1728, 1999.
- Kadıoğlu, M., Z. Şen and M.L. Gültekin: Spatial Heating Monthly Degree-Day Features and Climatological Patterns in Turkey. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 64, 263-269, 1999.
- Şen, Z., M. Kadıoğlu, and E. Batur: Stochastic Modelling of the Van Lake Monthly Level Fluctuations in Turkey. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 65, 99-110, 2000.
- Durmayaz, A., M. Kadıoğlu and Z. Şen: An application of the Degree-Hours Method to estimate the residential heating energy requirement and fuel consumption in Istanbul. Energy-Int. Journal. 25 (12), 1245-1256, 2000.
- Kadıoğlu, M.: Regional Variability of Seasonal Precipitation in Turkey. Int. Journal of Climatology, 20, 1743-1760, 2000.
- Kadıoğlu, M., Şen, Z. and Gültekin, L.: Variations and trends in Turkish seasonal heating and cooling degree-days, Climatic Change, 49, 209-223, 2001.
- Kadıoğlu, M. and L. Şaylan: Trend Analysis of Growing Degree-Days in Turkey. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 126, 83-96, 2001.
- Kadıoğlu, M. and Z. Şen: Monthly precipitation-runoff polygons and mean runoff coefficients. Hydrological Sciences Journal. 46 (1), 3-11, 2001.
- Şahin, A.D., Kadıoğlu, M., and Şen, Z.: Monthly Clearness Index Values of Turkey Harmonic Analysis Approach. Energy Conversion and Management, 42 (8), 933-940, 2001.