Prof. Dr. Kasım KOÇAK
|BSc ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1987 |
|MSc: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1992 |
|PhD: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1992 |
1988: Commencement of academic career as a Research Assistant. 1998: Assigned as Assistant Professor, 2002: Assigned as Associate professor, 2010: Assigned as full professor
Area of interest: Chaos theory and its application to meteorological problems, analysis and prediction of nonlinear time series, analysis of dynamical systems, dynamics of hydro-meteorological processes, data analysis, atmospheric thermodynamics.
- Koçak., K. Şaylan, L., and Şen, O.: Nonlinear Time Series Prediction of O3 Concentration in Istanbul. Atmospheric Environment, 34(8), pp: 1267-1271, 2000
- Koçak, K.: A Method for Determination of Wind Speed Persistence and its Application. Energy, 27, pp:967-973, 2002
- Koçak, K., Şaylan, L., and Eitzinger, J.: Nonlinear Prediction of Near-surface Temperature via Univariate and Multivariate Time Series Embedding. Ecological Modelling, 173(1), pp:1-7, 2004.
- Koçak, K.: Practical Ways of Evaluating Wind Speed Persistence, Energy, 33, pp:65-70, 2008.
- Koçak, K.: Examination of Persistence Properties of Wind Speed Record Using Detrended Fluctuation Analysis. Energy, 34(11), pp:1980-1985, 2009.
- Orun, M., Koçak, K.: Application of Detrended Fluctuation Analysis to Temperature Data from Turkey. International Journal of Climatology, 29, pp:2130-2136, 2009.