Prof. Dr. H. Sema TOPÇU
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3141 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 2926 |
|E-mail: ||email@example.com |
|Web Page: ||http://www3.itu.edu.tr/~stopcu |
|Address: ||ITU Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Meteorological Engineering Department, 34469 Maslak İstanbul Turkey |
|BSc ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1979 |
|MSc: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1981 |
|PhD: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1988 |
Professor Sema Topcu, is an atmospheric scientist, specializing in atmospheric radiation, in particular, tropospheric and stratospheric ozone, air quality, aerosols and photochemical pollution, solar and wind energy applications. She has co-authored one book as well as having written or co-written numerous scientific and technical papers in the field of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences. She was a member of organizing committees in numerous international conferences. Topcu leads several projects in collaboration with government institutions in the field of atmospheric and environmental sciences. Topcu taught Atmospheric Physics, Meteorological Instrumentation, Solar Radiation courses and currently she teaches Solar and Terrestrial Radiation, Optics and Acoustics in the Atmosphere, Introduction to Energy Meteorology in undergraduate level and Radiation in the Atmosphere in graduate program in Department of Meteorology.
- S.Topcu, S. Incecik and A.T. Atimtay, “Chemical composition of rainwater at EMEP station in Ankara, Turkey”, Atmospheric Research Elsevier, Vol. 65, 77-92, 2002
- S. Topcu and U. Anteplioğlu, S.Incecik, “Surface ozone concentrations and its relation to wind field in İstanbul”, Water, Air,& Soil Pollution: Focus, Vol 3, N: 5-6,53-64, 2003.
- S.Topcu and S. Incecik, “Characteristics of surface ozone concentrations in urban atmosphere of İstanbul: A case study”, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, Vol.12, No.3, 413-417, 2003.
- C.Kahya, D.Demirhan, S.Topcu , S.Incecik, “An examination of the laminae caracteristics in ozone profiles in Eastern and South Eastern Europe”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 26, 16, 3455-3466, 2005.
- D. Demirhan, C. Kahya, S. Topcu and S. Incecik, “ Total ozone variation in South Eastern Europe”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 26, 16, 3479-3486, 2005.
- B .Aksoy, S.Incecik, S.Topcu, D.Demirhan Bari, C.Kahya, Y.Acar, M.Ozunlu, M. Ekici, “Total Ozone over Ankara and its Forecasting using Regression Models”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol: 30;Issue:17, 4387-4400, 2009.
- Y.S. Unal, S. Incecik, S. Topcu, A. Oztopal, “Daily peak ozone forecast in İstanbul”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol:31; Issue 2, 551-561, 2010.