Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahmet Duran ŞAHİN
|BSc ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU Turkey, 1994 |
|MSc: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU Turkey, 1996 |
|PhD: ||Meteorological Engineering, ITU Turkey, 2002 |
Ahmet Duran Şahin was born in 1970 in Elbistan-Kahramanmaraş Turkey. He finished undergraduate and graduate programs at Meteorology Department of İstanbul Technical University. He also attended a post doctorial research program at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology in Canada during September, 2004 and April, 2005. Because of his high degree scientific researches he was awarded by the Research and Technology Council of Turkey, TÜBİTAK in 2006. His main research areas could be divided two parts one of them renewable energy sources that include wind energy, solar energy, wind-solar hybrid systems, exergy and the other one is statistical-mathematical modelling that includes spatial models, temporal models, risk analysis, spatio-temporal models, geostatistic, fuzzy logic and neural networks.
- Şahin, A.D., “A Review of Research and Development of Wind Energy in Turkey” CLEAN-Soil Air Water, 36, 9, 734-742 (2008).
- Şahin, A.D., Dincer, I and Rosen M.A. “Thermodynamic Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic Cell Systems” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cell, 91, 153-159, (2007).
- Şahin, A.D. “A New Formulation for Solar Irradiation and Sunshine Duration Estimation” International Journal of Energy Research, 31, 109-118, (2007).
- Şahin, A.D. and Şen, Z. “A New Spatial Prediction Model and its Application to Wind Records” Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 79, 45-54 (2004).
- Şahin, A.D. “Progress and Recent Trends in Wind Energy” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science-An International Review Journal, 30, 501-543 (2004).
- Şahin, A.D. and Z. Şen, "Statistical analysis of the Angström formula coefficients and application for Turkey." Solar Energy , 62, 1, 29-38 (1998).