Prof. Dr. N. L. Okşan ÇETİNER YILDIRIM
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3140/ ext. 112 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 2926 |
|E-mail: ||email@example.com |
|Web Page: ||http://atlas.cc.itu.edu.tr/~cetiner/ |
|Address: ||ITU Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Maslak 34469 İstanbul, Turkey |
|BSc ||Aeronautical Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1992 |
|MSc: ||Aeronautical Engineering, ITU,Turkey, 1995 |
|PhD: ||Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, Lehigh University, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 1999 |
She joined Department of Aeronautical Engineering in 1994 as a research assistant. Upon being awarded with Amelia Earhart Fellowship, she enrolled in Lehigh University’s graduate program and was employed there as a research assistant. She became an assistant professor at the ITU, Department of Astronautical Engineering in 1999 and associate professor in 2008.
Her area of interest includes Flow-Induced Vibrations, Flow-Structure Interactions, PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) and Measurement Systems. Her current research topics are on oscillating bluff bodies and airfoils, flapping wing aerodynamics, drag reduction by polimer additives, aerodynamics of wind turbines, shallow water flows, free-surface flows and experimental setup/measurement system design.
She is married and mother of one.
- I. Fenercioglu and O. Cetiner, “Categorization of Flow Structures around a Pitching and Plunging Airfoil”, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 31, 92-102, (2012).
- B. T. Aydın, O. Cetiner and M. F. Unal, “Effect of self-issuing jets along the span on the near-wake of a square cylinder”, Experiments in Fluids, 48, No. 6, 1081-1094, (2010).
- E. Tinar and O. Cetiner, “Acceleration Data Correlated with PIV Images for Self-Induced Vibrations of an Airfoil”, Experiments in Fluids, 42, No.2, 201-212, (2006).
- D. Rockwell, J.-C. Lin, O. Cetiner, K. Downes and Y. Yang, “Quantitative Imaging of the Wake of a Cylinder in a Steady Current and a Wave”, Journal of Fluid and Structures, 15, 427-443, (2001).
- O. Cetiner and D. Rockwell, “Streamwise Oscillations of a Cylinder in a Steady Current. Part I: Locked-On States of Vortex Formation”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 427, 1-28, (2001).
- O. Son, N.L.O. Cetiner-Yildirim, G. Tevrizci and K. Atalik, “Effects of Polymer Addition to Structure and Properties of the Flow Around a Circular Cylinder”, 5th Ankara International Aerospace Conference, August 17-19, 2009, ISBN: 978-975-01656-4-1, paper no: AIAC-2009-076, METU Ankara, TURKEY.
- A.C. Baytas, D. Erdem, H. Acar and N.L.O. Cetiner, “An Experimental and Numerical Investigation in the Composite Channel for the Boundary Conditions at a Fluid-Solid Interface”, 5th Ankara International Aerospace Conference, August 17-19, 2009, ISBN: 978-975-01656-4-1, paper no: AIAC-2009-110, METU Ankara, TURKEY.
- S. Tokgoz, B.T. Aydin, O. Cetiner, M.F. Unal and A.R. Cete, "Experimental and Numerical Study of Flow Separation Control in a Multi-Airfoil Diffuser", 5th Ankara International Aerospace Conference, August 17-19, 2009, ISBN: 978-975-01656-4-1, paper no: AIAC-2009-052, METU Ankara, TURKEY.