Assoc. Prof. Dr. Onur TUNÇER
Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2001
Louisiana State University, LA, USA, 2006
He was born in the city of İzmir in the year 1979. Completed his secondary education in İzmir Science Branch High School in 1997. In 2001, he has obtained his BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from METU as an honor student. Thereafter, he has obtained his PhD degree in the same field from LSU in 2006. His doctoral work was on the experimental investigation of combustion pheonemena within gas turbine engines.
Between 2006-2007, he has performed post-doctoral studies at the Turbine Innovation and Energy Research Center (TIER) of LSU. During 2007-2008, he has served as an instructor lieutenant at the Turkish Land Forces NCO Vocational School. He was a visiting assistant professor at the Aeronautical Engineering Department of ITU in the 2008-2009 academic year. He was appointed to assistant professorship in 2009 and subsequently to associate professorship in 2012 at the same department.
Dr. Tuncer has the received the TUBITAK National Young Scientist Career Developement Program Award in 2009. He has overseen the establishment of the Combustion Laboratory at ITU. He is also co-director of the Defense Technologies Graduate Program.
Dr. Tuncer’s research interest primarily lies in the experimental investigation of reacting flows. Other research interests include aeroengines, fuel injectors, conventional energy conversion systems and rocket internal ballistics. His research is mostly experimental. He is a member of AIAA, ASME, IEEE and The Combustion Institute. He is fluent in English and has a good command of the Italian language.
- O. Tuncer, B. Kaynaroğlu, M.C. Karakaya, S. Kahraman, N.L.O. Çetiner-Yıldırım, C. Baytaş, Preliminary Investigation of a Swirl Stabilized Premixed Combustor, to appear in Fuel
- M.C. Karakaya, M.R. Abdullahoğlu, O. Tunçer, H. Kızıl, L. Trabzon, Bir Elektrosprey Enjektörün Deneysel İncelenmesi, to appear in Turkish Journal of Thermal Sciences and Technology
- O. Tuncer, "Utilization of Artificial Neural Networks for the Prediction of Emission Levels in a Dilution Air Jet Forced Combustor", Energy Education Science and Technology Part A, Vol. 30,pp. 591-602, 2012
- O. Inanc, O. Tuncer, "The Effect of Academic Inbreeding on Scientific Effectiveness", Scientometrics, Vol. 88, pp. 885-898, 2011
- O. Tuncer, "Mathematical Modeling of Limit Cycle Thermoacoustic and Hydrodynamic Behavior of Wedge Shaped Methane/Hydrogen Flames", Energy Education Science and Technology Part A, Vol. 1, pp. 43-54, 2011
- O. Tuncer, "Combustion in a Ramjet Combustor with Cavity Flame Holder", Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, Vol. 30, pp. 57-68, 2010
- O. Tuncer, "Flame Speed of Hydrogen Enriched Methane Fuel and Chemical Kinetic Analysis of Emissions [In Turkish]", Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, Vol. 29, pp . 29-42, 2009
- O. Tuncer, S. Acharya, J. H. Uhm, "Dynamics NOx and Flashback Characteristics of Confined Premixed Hydrogen Enriched Flames", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 34, pp. 496-506, 2009
- O. Tuncer, S. Acharya, J. H. Uhm, "Control of Heat Release and NO Emissions in a Combustor Through Modulation of Transverse Air-Jets", Combustion Science and Technology, Vol. 179, pp. 2255-2278, 2007
- O. Tuncer, S. Acharya, J. Cohen, A. Banaszuk, "Side Air-Jet Modulation for Control of Heat Release and Pattern Factor", Combustion Science and Technology, Vol. 177, pp. 1339-1364, 2005