Assoc. Prof. Dr. Halit Süleyman TÜRKMEN
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3196 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 3139 |
|E-mail: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Web Page: ||http://www3.itu.edu.tr/~halit |
|Address: ||İTÜ Uçak ve Uzay Bilimleri Fakültesi, |
Uçak Mühendisliği Bölümü
Maslak Kampüsü 34469 Maslak İstanbul
|BSc ||Aeronautical Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1989 |
|MSc: ||Aeronautical Engineering, ITU,Turkey, 1993, |
|PhD: ||Aeronautical Engineering, ITU,Turkey, 1998 |
I studied the dynamic behavior of composite panels subjected to air blast loading in my Ph.D., theoretically and experimentally. I studied the cyclic behavior of metals in micro level using polycrystal elastoplasticity theory in Cornell University between 1998 and 2001 during my postdoctoral research. I am continuining the research on the mechanics of composite materials, structural dynamics, and numerical modelling of nano materials.
- Halit S. Türkmen and Zahit Mecitoğlu, “Dynamic Response of A Stiffened Laminated Composite Plate Subjected to Blast Load,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 221, No.3, pp. 371-389, (1999).
- Halit S. Türkmen and Zahit Mecitoğlu, “Nonlinear Structural Response of Laminated Composite Plates Subjected to Blast Loading,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 37, N. 12, pp. 1639-1647, (1999).
- Halit S. Türkmen, “Structural Response Of Laminated Composite Shells Subjected To Blast Loading: Comparison Of Experimental And Theoretical Methods,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, V. 249, N. 4, pp. 663-678, JAN 24, (2002).
- Halit S. Türkmen, Paul R. Dawson and Matthew P. Miller, “The Evolution of Crystalline Stresses of a Polycrystalline Metal During Cyclic Loading,” International Journal of Plasticity, V. 18, N. 8, pp. 941-969, (2002).
- Roland E. Loge, Halit S. Türkmen, Matthew P. Miller, Ronald Rogge, Paul R. Dawson, “Modelling the distribution of lattice strains following plastic deformation of a polycrystal. Application to aluminum AA 7075 T6,”, Materials Science Forum, 404-4, pp.69-74, (2002).
- Halit S. Türkmen, Roland E. Loge, Paul R. Dawson and Matthew P. Miller, “On The Mechanical Behaviour of AA7075-T6 During Cyclic Loading,” International Journal of Fatigue, V. 25, N. 4, pp. 267-281, (2003).
- Roland E. Loge, Halit S. Türkmen, Matthew P. Miller, Ronald Rogge, Paul R. Dawson, “Influence of Modelling Variables on the Distribution of Lattice Strains in a Deformed Polycrystal, with Reference to Neutron Diffraction Experiments,” Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 12, pp.633-663, (2004).
- Halit S. Türkmen, Matthew P. Miller, Paul R. Dawson and John C. Moosbrugger, A Slip-Based Model for Strength Evolution During Cyclic Loading, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, Vol. 126, pp.329-338, (2004).
- Halit S. Turkmen and A. Cihat Baytaş, Thermal stresses due to conjugate oscillatory free convection in an enclosure, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 49, Issue 12, pp. 3439-3446, (2008).