Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vedat Ziya DOĞAN
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3142 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 2926 |
|E-mail: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Web Page: || |
|Address: ||İTÜ Uçak ve Uzay Bilimleri Fakültesi, |
Uçak Mühendisliği Bölümü
Maslak Kampüsü 34469 Maslak İstanbul
|BSc ||Mechanical Engineering, ITU, Turkey, 1983 |
|MSc: ||Mechanical Engineering, Columbia University,USA, 1990 |
|PhD: ||Mechanical Engineering, Columbia University,USA, 1995 |
His work involves an interdisciplinary approach, combining mechanics of materials and dynamics. Dr. Dogan’s current research concentrates on vibration response and control of aerospace structural components under thermal and stochastic excitations. He is currently applying these ideas to smart materials such as FGMs, PZTs, SMAs. This involves the development of mathematical methods for structural models.
- Dogan, V., "Dynamic Multi mode response of laminated Composite Plates to Blast and Sonic Boom Loadind", Journal of Aircraft, 45, No.5, March-April (2008).
- Dogan, V., "Vibration of anti-symmetric angle-ply composite plates under random excitation," Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology-An International Journal-, 79, No.5, 475-484 (2007).
- Dogan, V. and Vaicaitis, R., "Nonlinear Response of Double-Wall Cylindrical Shell Vibrations under Random Excitation," Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 19, 46-54 (2006).
- Turkmen, HS, Dogan, VZ, Miner, E. and Tess, A., "Vibration of Sandwich Panels using (3.2)-Order Single-Layer Theory", AIAA Conference, Hawaii, USA, 2007.
- Dogan, V., and Erkal, Y., "Vibration Analysis of Mindlin's sandwich plate (fsdt) under random excitation", 14 th International Conference on Sound and Vibration ICSV14, Cairns, Australia, July 9-12, 2007.