Prof. Dr. Ali KODAL
|Phone: ||+90 212 285 3128 |
|Fax: ||+90 212 285 3139 |
|E-mail: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Web Page: ||http://www3.itu.edu.tr/~kodal |
|Address: ||İTÜ Uçak ve Uzay Bilimleri Fakültesi, Uçak Mühendisliği Bölümü |
Maslak Kampüsü 34469 Maslak İstanbul
|BSc ||Aeronautical Engineering,İTÜ,İstanbul, Turkey, 1985 |
|MSc: || |
Aerospace Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA 1988
|PhD: ||Mechanical Engineering, The University of Michigan,Ann Arbor, USA, 1993 |
He was born in Yozgat, Turkey in 1966. He received his BS degree from Istanbul Technical University (ITU), Department of Aeronautical Engineering. He received his MS degree in Aerospace Engineering from The University of Michigan. He received his Ph.D degree in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Michigan.
Since June 1993, he is serving as a faculty member at ITU, Aeronautical Engineering Department. He carried out short term research at Mechanical Engineering Department, Michigan State University in 1998. Between 2002 and 2003, he visited Nort Carolina State University, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department for sabbatical leave as a visiting professor.
His main reseach and teaching areas are Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, Propulsion, Heat Transfer, Turbulent Flows, Combustion, Internal Combustion Engines, Computational Fluid Mechanics.
- Ust Y, Sahin B and Kodal A, Performance Analysis Of An Irreversible Brayton Heat Engine Based On Ecological Coefficient Of Performance. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 45, 94-101, 2006.
- Ust Y, Sahin B, Kodal A and Akcay I. H. Ecological coefficient of performance analysis and optimization of an irreversible regenerative-Brayton heat engine, Applied Energy, 83, 558-572, 2006.
- Ust Y, Sahin B and Kodal A, Optimization of a dual cycle cogeneration system based on a new exergetic performance criterion, Applied Energy, 84, 1079-1091, 2007.
- Erdil A and Kodal A, A Comparative Study of Turbulent Velocity Fields in an internal combustion Engine with Shrouded Valve and Flat/Bowl Piston Configurations, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 221, (12), 1597-1607, 2007.
- Ust Y, Sahin B and Kodal A, Performance optimization of irreversible cogeneration systems based on a new exergetic performance criterion: the Exergy Density, J. Energy Institute, 82, 48-52, 2009.